- 6 slices of levain or sourdough bread
- 4 heirloom tomoatoes thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic peeled
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese grated
- 1/2 cup good quality extra Virgin olive o
Send by mail
- 1 cup of fresh chopped parsley, basil and oregano
- Salt & Pepper
Simple and easy just the way I like it! Surprisingly I have had some terrible Bruschetta! So what sets apart a delicious bruschetta from an ok one...the quality of ingredients! You want to look for great fresh bread, ripe tomatoes and of course extra virgin olive oil. Each time I go to the market I always make a fresh bruschetta when I get back here is my favorite version.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Line up the 6 slices of bread on a baking sheet. Bake until the bread is crisp.
Rub the bread with the garlic cloves. Line the tomatoes so they are overlapping. Then sprinkle the 2 types of cheese, add salt, pepper and drizzle with the olive oil. Then garnish the bread with the freshly chopped herbs.